The Alfred Pain Symposium
Opioids friends or Foe Updates on the clinical conundrum
What date is the course?
Saturday 27 October 2018, 8 am to 3.30 pm
Where is the course held?
Monash lecture theatre, Central Clinical School,
Level 5, The Alfred Centre,
99 Commercial Road,
Melbourne, VIC 3004
View in Google Maps
Anyone who is interested in Pain Medicine can register for this course.
- Illustrate an understanding that facilitates skillful and safe management of opioid therapy.
- Illustrate an understanding of new analgesic and nonanalgesic agents, so as to appreciate their role in providing multimodal analgesia.
- Identify behaviours that may exacerbate and perpetuate pain and have an effective plan for management.
- Effectively plan and execute multidisciplinary management for a patient with complex biopsychosocial pain.
- Differentiate causes for pain syndromes such as headache and back pain to allow better formulation of therapy.
40 Category 1 CPD points have been approved for this event by the RACGP
- Dr. Kerry Mclaughlin
- Dr. Mir Wais Sekandarzad
Reduce your opioid use for Chronic non-malignant pain
- Chair Dr Chris Woodgat
- Chronic back pain Dr Carolyn Arnold
- Non opioid analgesia Dr Alex Konstantatos
Improve the safety of opioid prescribing for chronic non cancer pain
- Chair Dr Weiss Selandarzad
- Managing opioid medication in the community Dr Chris Woodgate
- Epidemic of prescription opioid use Dr Kerry McLaughlin
Challenging behaviours to reduce opioid associated risk
- Chair Dr Alex Konstantatos
- Opioids and addiction Ms Megan McKechnie
- Pain related agendas from a psychiatry perspective Dr Evan Symons
- Interactive Case based Clinical Discussions.
What is the cost?
- $220 for Fellows / Consultants
- $160 for Trainee / Nurse / Other
- Morning tea and lunch provided
- Up to four weeks before the Course
- 100% Refund
- Two to four weeks before the Course
- 50% Refund
- Less than two weeks before the Course
- No Refund